Day 15 - Opposite Dystopian Stories about Covid - 19 - Part 1

   Day 15


Post-coronavirus world; Dystopian surveillance or public ...


    Dear Diary, 

    You might be wondering what exactly the image above is. So let me tell you. This is a Dystopian image. And if you don't know what Dystopian means, go here. So about this image, it isn't the only one. In fact, not only are there images, there are short films, stories, etc. As you know that I am a story writer, I am going to of course join this trend and write not one, but two Dystopian stories. One is going to be something that turns out good for us, and the other, well, it's going to be the opposite. Something kind of like the image above.


Story 1 - The Cure

Cutting Through the Fog Around a COVID-19 Cure


    It's been twenty years since this whole Covid-19 thing started. Nothing has changed at all. We all are stuck in our houses and neither the cure, nor the vaccine have been found. Well, there have been several vaccines, but none worked, and the same could be said about the cure. I was born during the time Covid-19 started. I have never seen school, I have never been outside. My whole life has been spent in my house. I haven't taken a single step outside. My dad was the only one to go outside to get supplies. 
    Talking more about school, I truly haven't even seen one! I have only seen my teachers' houses and my classmates' houses. I have been studying only through Remote Learning, and I have never played with my friends either. I have only seen them and talked to them Remotely. Everyday, I would ask my mom how it was to get outside, and she said that it was great. But otherwise my mom wouldn't really talk. She had stopped talking a lot ever since her grandpa died of this virus. I don't remember how he looked like because the last time I saw him remotely, I was  a baby. 
    Even though I have never been to the outside world, I have been using a lot of things coming from the outside world. I got myself a Ps10, that the Sony Company somehow made during this Covid thing. Not only this, but I won a lot of prizes from different competitions as well, one of them being an Ipad Max from a drawing competition. These items really give me an idea of the outside world, or at least that is what I think so. 
    Out of all the things I have gotten from outside, my favorite is definitely the Google Home Holo. It is the coolest because you can actually see a Hologram of who you want to whenever you want something from google. Now how did they make these things during the times we are living in? They made these things when the conditions got lighter for a while and we were allowed to go outside (Even though my family didn't).
    Right now, when there is no hope and there are one billion Covid - 19 cases in the world, I really want to do something. Everyday, as I think of the outside world, I want to cry. I never got to get outside, and this virus wrecked the world. Because of this reason, I want to become a Doctor. I want to work on the Cure. I want to be able to go outside. My three years of college will not go to waste. 
    As I am working in my room, or as I like to call it, my "lab," my heart is beating very fast, and I can hear every one of my inhales and exhales. I am thinking about all possibilities, and all of them have at least one problem. There is nothing else I can do, but if only I could sacrifice myself. Wait! Sacrifice myself! Now this idea might be crazy, but it might actually work. 
    As I know, I was born with Covid-19, and when I was cured of my Covid-19, I became immune, and got antibodies that can beat the virus. Since my blood group is O-, a universal donor, I have finally figured it out! I am the cure! But then comes the problem, I must die in order for that to happen, or get some serious disease to do that, and about my parents, will they be happy?
    Now that I find a cure with problems that I do have to ignore, I ask google to let me talk to President Jack Nixon (Not related to the old president Nixon). After waiting for so much time, President Jack Nixon's hologram finally appears. 
    "President Nixon, I just made an amazing discovery, the cure to Covid-19, and perhaps the vaccine as well..." I quickly tell him, describing everything that I discovered.
    "And so you are willing to give yourself up for it?" He asks.
    "Yes," I answer.
    "Are your parents okay with this? Because if they are, I will send a doctor over and he will do the procedures to make the cure and perhaps the vaccine." He replies.
    "Well, to say the truth, I haven't told them yet, but think about it, this could save the world!" I bargain.
    After a bit of chatting, he sends a doctor who comes very quickly, and informs my parents. My parents, devastated, ask me what I want, and I nod, doing the very thing they didn't want me to do. My immunity to the Covid-19 would spread throughout the world, and I would become the hero that I always wanted to be. Thinking of nothing else, I hug my parents, tears coming out of my eyes. I agree to the procedure, so I lie down on my bed and close my eyes...
    "It has been a year, and she hasn't woken up doctor! Did she die?"I hear.
    Slowly rubbing my eyes, I sit up, and that's when I get a big hug.
    "Stop crushing me!" I reply. 
    Then, the doctor tells me how the world is now Covid-19 free in the year of 2041 because of me. Right after I come to know about that, I get out of my bed and run outside. Ah! The smell of fresh hot summer air, with the beauty of flowers! 

Warning: Nothing like this has happened in real life, and I am 99.9% sure that this won't work. I only wrote this down for the story, and I have no idea of the Medical Sciences, I mean I am just 11! So that's all I wanted to tell you. Thanks for reading my story.
___________________________________________________________________________________

    That was my story about the positive Covid-19 Dystopian story. I was planning to give you one where the world ends because of this virus, but now it seems my first story is way too long, so it seems like I will talk to you next week diary, so I can write my other story. 

Sincerely,
Shubh Varshney

To Readers : Thanks a lot for joining me on my writing journey with my diary. This is the first time I have written for the public (As a blog, not as a post), and I never knew I would get so many compliments! Thanks for viewing my blogs, because I really like that people actually care to read my blogs and write such nice compliments. One last time, thanks for visiting my blog and being so nice in the comments, and also for giving me feedback so I could make my writing better!😍😊And if you want to continue giving me support, please subscribe to this blog and view his other blogs below. 
___________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

  1. very nice..
    it seems like a true Hollywood movie..
    great work Shub...
    keep going...👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article keep it up
    Visit my blog https://evirtualart.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://readersplanet.in/what-is-seo-how-its-help-in-ranking-our-site/#respond

    Good keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some good stuuf, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice1. Presented with informations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shubh,
    You have written it in a very nice way. All the best for doing more and more on your blog articles.
    http://www.wanderwriters.com/2020/05/what-you-should-know-about-these-6-doctors/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay that is excellently written. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing blog. Love the articles thanks. Follow mine too www.yourfitnessrink.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, bluntly speaking a processor is the heart of any computing unit. Processor is more like a generalised term which may or may not define what we generally indicate it with. Yes, you heard me right, processor is a part of CPU, APU, GPU, yes even a GPU is a processor. But for this article we won’t focus much on the GPU side of the spectrum. If you want to know more about GPU then you can read this article:

    Check it out on ideziretech.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its awsome...great way of storytelling..nd yu keep writing ...amazing blog..all the very best to yu..☺️👏👏👌

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a well crafted and engaging blo post! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good post and carry on this platform

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice and beautiful. I appreciate the efforts ��

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, absolutely Right! Nice to way to explaining current whole world situation by this story. Great Job!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent write up. Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracious content! well written. Thanks for sharing this amazing information with us.

      Delete
  16. Nice write up, you're doing good job

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope this will never get realized, but nice story
    https://drjamtravels.blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post....very different and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice and different. Keep it up!':

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank u for more valuable information
    Visit my blog
    https://www.mindwaves.net/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can someone also visit and comment on my website please. https://www.yourfitnessrink.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please visit and comment too. https://www.yourfitnessrink.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is very creative and interesting. Great work!
    Sreyoshi Dhar
    momssecretingredient.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 14 - A story towards Dog Man and a watercolor painting of fruits.

Day 3, 4, and 5.